VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
I've had some tough time with Seitan. I've tried it several times, and there is just something about it that I don' t like, although I want to like it. I bought some White Wave seitan the other day, and just sauted it in the pan, and didn't really care for it. I love the fact that it is so high in protein, yet low in fat and carbs. I like some really quick easy ways to fix it.

Help?

· Registered
5,365 Posts
I like seitan. I think it's best if it's doused in some kind of sauce, though. BBQ seitan is yummy... you can make a really tasty sandwich with it. Seitan is also good in curries. But by itself, or just chopped into a stir fry, I don't like it that well.

· Registered
13,118 Posts
Mmmm. I love seitan. You ever try "Un-Steak?" It comes pre-packed with a yummy sauce. We sautee it up in short order, lay it over a bed of mixed greens and toss with balsamic vinaigrette, and it's so good! Serve with Ryvita crackers and Earth Balance spread on the side, maybe some juice, and that's a damn fine meal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.