VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had never heard any news so tragic and sad until Sunday.

My friend Patrick, who was 21, was killed by a drunk driver on Saturday night. Him and 3 friends, all from my town, were on their way home for the long weekend, when they were hit head on by a 47 year old drunken idiot. The other three guys all broke their legs, one had internal bleeding, but they will be ok. Sometimes I can't even cry because it seems too unbelievable. I've known Pat since he was 6 years old and he was my brother's best man.

The drunk driver was killed also. Is it bad that in some weird way I am glad about this?

I can't believe people still drink and drive!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm very sorry to here about your friend, superjane. (((((HUGS))))))

I can understand you being glad that the driver died too. He really should have known better. People just suck sometimes, don't they?

I lost a couple friends and one relative to drunk drivers. My cousin's friend was actually run over by a drunk driver as she was walking down a sidewalk.

I don't understand why people continue to drive drunk. It should just be common sense by now that it's wrong and dangerous. I guess some people will only learn the hard way.

(((((((HUGS)))))))) to you and your friend's family.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I'm sorry it's someone you knew. I'm sorry that many of us will have to experience this at some point in our lives. If the statistic that 50% of all highway fatalities in California are related to alcohol is true for us, and has any resemblance to stats elsewhere, then we will all experience this tragedy at some point. Please be careful out on the roads, particularly at night, if you have to drive, and please don't drink and drive.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My thoughts are with you

When will people 'get it' and stop doing stupid, which is a mild expression, things like this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am so sorry for you and your friend's family. Driving while under the influence (of anything) is simply inexcusable, and anyone who gets caught doing it should have his/her license yanked indefinitely.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what makes it worse is that it was a long weekend here and ALL the cops are out and they have hundreds of check stops and everyone knows that if they drive drunk they will get caught and our media bombards us with pleas not to drink and drive... and people still do it.

As well, all the boys had their seatbelts on and were not drinking, they were being totally responsible.

Sadly, I'm sure that I know more people in the future who end up killed due to drinking and driving.

·
Registered
603 Posts
No you're not wrong for feeling these things. I lost a friend in school and very almost lost another (he's still not himself, now suffers mentally). Cory, the guy I almost lost, was like an older brother to me and I remember feeling so angry and wishing death on the people who did it to him.

I am truly sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you and his family.

I know the drunks death is a cheap form of justice, but it just doesn't seem to equal out, does it?

·
Registered
878 Posts
im so so sorry super jane

no one shud have to go though what you are right now

what kind of stupid jackass wud drink and drive

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
That's terrible. It's a senseless, stupid tragedy.

It's perfectly ok to feel as you do about the drunk driver. That's a natural reaction to something so awful.

My heart goes out to you and everyone hurt by this.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am so sorry about that. That's a very hard thing to deal with. When I was 7 I lost my dad to a drunk driver. I don't know why people continue to do it. It's so very sad. Time will pass, though, you must remember not to stop living your life. They will always be remembered in your heart.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
That is absolutely horrible. I am very sorry that this had to happen. And yes, it is amazing how many of us will know someone involved in some drunk driving tragedy. My aunts ex husband was paralyzed from one (but he was drunk, too
), and it may have played a role in another horrible accident of one of my relatives, but we'll never know, since the driver left the scene. He fortunately lived, but it was still a horrible experience.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by superjane

The drunk driver was killed also. Is it bad that in some weird way I am glad about this?

I can't believe people still drink and drive!!
No it is not bad to be glad about that.

Life can be hard and unfair.

I think people that drink and drive should be prosecuted for (attemted) murder. Nothing less.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm sorry for your lose. I feel bad when people die and then when I think about animals and how there unfairly killed I feel even worse. You shouldn't feel bad that your glad the drunk driver died.

Again Sorry for your lose

1 - 20 of 22 Posts