VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been done before, but I don't think that it has been done with this influx of new(Vegweb) posters...

So, a few I can think of right now are:

1) Philadelphia- when the home movies of him as a kid are playing, with that Neil Young song in the background...

2) Platoon- when Elias has been left for dead, and he comes out of th wjungle trtying to get to the helicopter. They sit in the chopper and watch him reach dfor the sky as he is shot over and over by the VC...

3) Glory- when they are on the beach and are preparing to take Fort Wagner(?). He let's his horse go and takes what he believes to be his last look at the world...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
In Babe when the animals wander accidentally into the butcher barn thing (don't know what you call it) and they look up and see slaughtered animals hanging from the hooks and they freak and run out. That was really sad and I saw that before I went veggie.

That scene in Philadelphia is a gut wrencher. Gets me everytime.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old Yeller~~When Old Yeller contracts rabies and is shot. It's the first movie I ever saw (our family didn't have a TV then), and it traumatized me for life.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I cried when Bambi's mother died.....

I don't know if this is the saddest movie scene I've seen but its the first thing that came to my mind.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
For some reason I'm having trouble thinking of an appropriate one... hmm... Charlie was sad. That one based on Flowers for Algernon. Anybody see it?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Okay.

I bawl through the entire last half hour or so of Titanic. Not only because of the whole romance thing, but I think about the real people that went down on the ship because the White Star line was unprepared and had inadequate lifeboats, etc.

Plus I'm a really mushy romantic at heart, and the whole Jack/Rose thing really does me in.

The end of Moulin Rouge makes me cry, too.

Oh, and the scene where Harry is looking into the Mirror of Erised in HP:SS.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
In Shadowlands where C.S. Lewis is asking a colleague how he could ever marry Joy Gresham (sp?); and where Lewis and Joy's son are in the attic crying over passing (that scene REALLY gets my tears flowing and I become a blubbering mess).

Boromir's death in Fellowship Of The Ring.

Dyinh/after death scenes of Michael Keaton's character in My Life.

I can't think of any others right now (I'm sitting an exam and shouldn't be here
), but some scenes that aren't sad but make me cry are:

Where Mr. Knightley proposes to Emma in Emma (1996).

A few scenes in the BBC's Pride and Prejudice.

Umm.... can't think of more.... I should get back to answering exam questions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

Okay.

I bawl through the entire last half hour or so of Titanic. Not only because of the whole romance thing, but I think about the real people that went down on the ship because the White Star line was unprepared and had inadequate lifeboats, etc.

Plus I'm a really mushy romantic at heart, and the whole Jack/Rose thing really does me in.

The end of Moulin Rouge makes me cry, too.

Oh, and the scene where Harry is looking into the Mirror of Erised in HP:SS.
The last half hour of Titanic makes me bawl too. I can't get through it without a lot of tissues!

The scene from HP makes me tear up too. Poor Harry!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The opening scene of The Lion King. I thought I was over that movie but I saw it at the IMAX last week and fell in love with it again.

ETA it's not a sad scene, just a tearjerker.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The Green Mile... OMG, so sad...

Braveheart, where William Wallace's wife gets murdered, that scene kills me..

One of the most horrific scenes for me (tremendously sad) is the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the Nazi dude kills the Jew... telling him to shhhh as he sinks the knife in him... that scene makes me want to curl up in a ball of misery.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhh I definitely have to agree with the scene in Braveheart when William Wallace's wife is killed.

Also, the entire ending of Life is Beautiful.....the part when the tanks roll in and then the lil boy sees his mom is "happy-sad" I guess, but that was the hardest I think I have ever cried during a movie.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I didn't find Titanic to be deeply romantic.

Homeward Bound where the older dog gets stuck and the other 2 animals have to leave without him is pretty sad.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Edward Scissorhands- One of my favorite movies... but it's really sad and touching.

Titanic- Real people died like that... it's just sad to think about.

Moulin Rouge- They finally get together and then... bang! (don't want to spoil it if anyone hasn't seen it)

Pearl Harbor- Definitely not a movie I enjoyed much, but it was still sad.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts