VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Grandma Willie died this morning.
She had been fighting a long battle with colon cancer the last few years and slipped into a coma on Thursday. They kept her on life support until this morning--my step-mom and my Uncle Gary had to wait until my Uncle Marvin came up to Utah from Texas before they made the decision. She had been doing so well we all thought she was going to beat it.

She's my step-mom's mom and since my dad and step-mom have been separated for over 7 years, I wasn't that close to her for the last few years. I still love her very much and will miss her terribly. The only peace I have is that now she's not in any more pain and that she's with others in her family and friends that have died before her.

I just wish I could go to the funeral. I have to work all this week and can't afford to go out there for just a couple of days.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
As well as the sad news...

and apart from the sad news
...A "welcome back greeting" for you should be said (since your leave from VB) whilst I have here the chance, so its good to have your return tearsong!!!!!!

.....Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Tearsong,

I'm regretful that you are experiencing this pain and loss. One suggestion--if you feel like her death will cause you to forget her, then you might like to get a notebook and write down every memory you have of her. It might be a good family project and help the healing process.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
sorry to hear that
you know they never really leave us though right

1 - 20 of 26 Posts