VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've been running and practicing yoga for 15 years. It really depends on my mood which I do first. If I'm feeling tight, I'll do a yoga class first, then go for my five mile run. If I have a lot of energy, I'll run first then take a yoga class. But, more often then not, I don't do them back to back. I'll take my yoga class in the morning and run in the evening, or in the reverse order. I seperate them with time because I don't won't to compromise the intergrity, or intensity of either. I find that if I do one following the other I will ration my effort in anticipation of what's to follow.

I also do a little weight workout three days a week. Nothing too intense, just ten pound weights. I always seem to struggle with at what point to include that into my day. I guess I'm most comfortable doing that after I run, or after a yoga class.

BTW, if you want to take a live yoga class on line go to NewYorkyoga.com. They offer really good classes from beginners to advanced. They even offer prenatal classes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Deep, gentle forward bending relaxes your nervous system and encourages introspection, so it makes sense that it helps you sleep better. While back bending will help rejuvenate, energize, and encourage a sense of joy, as you open your heart toward the sky.

FWI, try inversions like headstands and shouldersstands to help ease headaches and stress.

I'm currently looking for a yoga cd that is gentle and relaxing enough for me to follow late at night, perhaps by candlelight, before I go to sleep. I don't want a video or dvd because I think it would be stimulating. I want something to do with me eyes closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts