VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Max...I do about 15 minutes of aerobics (basically dancing around) and then about 5 of light stretching before I run in the morning. I do yoga for about an hour at night after work to unplug. I've found that elongating the muscles through the yoga is helping the endurance part of my runs. It's working out great for me. This is the 4th week and I'm just now starting to see results. Oh, and 2x's a week I'll lift instead of run to build muscles because greater muscle mass increases the resting metabolism. Regardless though, I always do the yoga at night. I've been sleeping better too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well for me I'm an AM runner also. I don't warm up stretch before my run, don't ask me why. But after my run I do abs and then a 30-60 minute yoga work out. It seems to work out best for me doing it after...

Choi

·
Registered
0 Posts
well, compared to the rest of you i am a bum! i am a bit of a yogi (less these past few days though, just been lazy) and walk everywhere. does that count as exercise? i don't really enjoy jogging and the gym is kinda boring to me. but according to yoga guru shiva rea, you should do some yoga before and after ur workout. she suggests sun salutations and standing poses before and forward bends & twists, hip openers and twists as well as shavasana after your workout.

hope that helps you!! by the way, i notice most of you have pics as your avatarsl. are those pics really you guys? if so, you all look really nice!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
of course it counts!

yoga is great b4 and after a workout, for focus and flexibility... yoga at any time of the day or night works for me, to relax me if nothing else...

yeak, running for heartrate and yoga is great combo for a metablism that keeps on working for you.... keeps the feel good endorphins pumpin'!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts