VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
don't touch anything! if you call the cops, they might be able to dust for fingerprints and find out just how it got there. and whatever you do, don't panic! there's most likely a logical explanation for this.

good luck

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
man.. I use rolled oats in a lot of things.

I put it in my protein drink every morning. Good ole fiber

I also made a veggie stroganoff the other day, that used roll oats as the thickener.

I can give you the recipe later if you want.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
put it in a container with soymilk overnight. In the morning, it turns to a gummy mass that is so deeelish it is hard to eat just a little bit.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I put rolled oats in my smoothies to add thickness sometimes. You can also bake oatmeal cookies or put them in bread or just put soymilk in and heat it to make it a gooey goo (yeah I know,... but that'S what it looks like ) and no it won't be particularly sweet, if you want it distinguishably sweet, put some maple syrup or just plain ol sugar in it. Or you could try making it in half sweetened apple sauce and half milk. I love to eat it with cinnamon sugar. You can also just sprinkle it cold and dry over some soy yogurt or even just plain apple sauce, or sometimes I mush bananas and put it in too. You get the picture. You them for ANYthing you want, just don't put'em on meat or you won't be able to eat it anymore

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnna

You can also bake oatmeal cookies
...or give them to fafafrappy so she can fafabake me some cookies with my pie!!!

(j/k fraps... you know Max loves ya
)

·
Registered
0 Posts
i like to make a hot porridge with 2 cups of soy milk for every one cup of oats...

just mix them together in a saucepan over a moderate heat, and bring to the boil, stirring every now and then so no burnies happen on the bottom, then once it starts to boil reduce heat to simmer for a few minutes till its a thick porridge consistency!

i add some dried fruit in at the end before serving, and a swirl or molasses on top, any sweetener is good...

an extra dash of soy milk is nice at the end too, to lower the temperature a bit so it's good to eat straight away!

great comfort food!

or make your own muesli!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Another thing I do with oats...

banana roll

one med. banana

honey ( or any other light sweetner for vegans, like molasses)

peanut butter ( or any nut butter)

and oats

pumpkin spice

mix the oats and pumpkin spice together just a little of each. Take the banana and spread on nut butter and honey then roll int the oat mixture.

Oh man... very yummy

·
Registered
428 Posts
You can make oat patties and serve them with mushroom gravy, veggies and smashed taters.

Use half as much liquid as you would for oatmeal. I like to use veggie broth and add chopped mushrooms, onions and any spices you want. Let it cool and form into patties. Bake them for about 30 minutes at 350. These make yummy sandwiches too.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I totally dig this shake:

2 cups of vanilla-enriched rice milk

1 banana

1 cup of rolled oats

Add a few ice cubes, a pinch of sugar, and a scoop of protein powder, and blend. SO good!!! Thanks for all the great ideas... I still have mad oats left...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

I totally dig this shake:

2 cups of vanilla-enriched rice milk

1 banana

1 cup of rolled oats

Add a few ice cubes, a pinch of sugar, and a scoop of protein powder, and blend. SO good!!! Thanks for all the great ideas... I still have mad oats left...
What you could also try in that shake along with the banana is some strawberries.

I also have a chocolate protein powder I use with banana and oats. Also, freezing the bananas is awsome. Or add a couple ice cubes.. makes it cold and icy froth

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzicfan

What you could also try in that shake along with the banana is some strawberries.
I was looking at strawbs at the market. Not cheap, but I'll grow weary of bananas eventually (although it may be a while!). I was thinking of using frozen strawbs (cheaper) but ick...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Dog Poop (the kids named it not me)

Mix peanut butter, melted chocolate and oatmeal in a small bowl until it will hold together. Roll it into logs or balls. Coat the logs with toasted coconut or toasted sesame seeds. Eat it.

Hits the spot when you have the munchies and no money.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamila

Dog Poop (the kids named it not me)

[...]

Hits the spot when you have the munchies and no money.
BWAHAHAHAH!!! "Dog poop" !!!

I always have no money when I have "the munchies"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts