VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the best way to eat root veggies and brocc/cauliflower, in my opinion! You're right!

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I've tried roasting veggies like broccoli and cauliflower many times because people just love them that way. Never had any luck. I've sprayed with oil; put water on bottom of pan; wrapped tightly in foil--nothing made them tender. They always came out hard, dry, and slightly burnt tasting.
Finally I tasted some that a co-worker was raving about, and realized - I just don't like them that way!

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
silva, one thing you can try - Try blanching your veggies first. Boil for about a minute in salted water, then cool quickly in ice water. Then roast, with olive oil, salt and pepper. It's a good "cheat" for some of the harder veggies.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

What's a good method for roasting kale? I love kale, but am getting a little bored with just steaming it.
I don't know that I can give you a GOOD method... But I can give you my lazy-ass method.

1. Get kale.
2. Murder it with a knife for a while.
3. Yell at your cats to get off the counter.
4. Cover (more or less) a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Drizzle some olive oil on your hands and scrunch the kale like you're giving it an 80's hairdo, sprinkle with sea salt, plop it on the baking sheet.
6. Time travel, and preheat your oven to somewhere in the vicinity of 375 to 425 degrees. Whatever.
7. Chuck kale in the oven until you are too hungry to wait any more. 10-15 minutes or so? It's YOUR stomach, why are you asking ME?
8. Eat kale like it's green popcorn. Nom nom nom.
9. Throw away parchment paper, then just put away the baking sheet and tell yourself you are saving the environment by conserving water.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

I don't know that I can give you a GOOD method... But I can give you my lazy-ass method.

1. Get kale.
5. Drizzle some olive oil on your hands and scrunch the kale like you're giving it an 80's hairdo, sprinkle with sea salt, plop it on the baking sheet.
6. Time travel, and preheat your oven to somewhere in the vicinity of 375 to 425 degrees. Whatever.
7. Chuck kale in the oven until you are too hungry to wait any more. 10-15 minutes or so? It's YOUR stomach, why are you asking ME?
9. Throw away parchment paper, then just put away the baking sheet and tell yourself you are saving the environment by conserving water.
Or replace the olive oil with sesame oil, which is fantastic, too!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Quote:

1. Get kale.
Or instead of using salt drizzle a little soy sauce and OJ!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Yeah, guys, OKAY FINE, I should mention... The oil and seasoning are totally up to you. :p

I've made coconut milk and lime marinaded tofu and paired it with the kale which I scrunched with coconut oil and squirted with a wedge of lime... I've also used put some balsamic vinegar on after. Or used walnut oil. Mmmm, kale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.