VeggieBoards banner

Road-kill chef says he's vegetarian!!

3K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  bethanie 
#1 ·
#30 ·
He is NOT a vegetarian simple as.

Imagine going to dinner and someone saying "Here, i cooked you this fox I found at the side of the road, vegetarians eat roadkill, right?"

He is a more compassionate meat eater than the rest who hunt or but farmed but in no way shape or form a vegetarian. He can say he only purchases vegetarian food but it's not all he eats, even if it is all he buys.

Pretty simple concept, no?

#31 ·
Ethically or from some peoples concept of karma there is are no problems with what he is doing .

He says

"Got issues with animal husbandry and wont eat creatures that are raised for slaughter "

No problems there

"ones killed by accident on roads are just another resource "

I assume he eats them because he goes on about the taste of this and that

He might have lost the plot in calling himself a vegetarian but what the heck hes just working out life how he sees it

#32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

A lot of people here are sensitive about this because when people who eat fish or chicken call themselves vegetarians, other people assume all vegetarians eat fish and chicken. Sometimes this results in being told that "Yes, there will be vegetarian food at this gathering" and then being handed a tuna sandwich. It is just a label, but the definition of the word clearly states "no meat" and you are misusing it if you say otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.