VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atticus left this world around 7 pm. I knew he would let me know, and he did when he began having seizures after we rushed him to the vet. His temp had spiked and there was nothing more we could do. His little body was just no match for the infection, and the vet said pneumonia was setting in. It's a relief to know we did everything possible to save him.Thanks so much for your kindness and encouragement throughout his short journey.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Poor little Atticus. I'm so sorry for your loss, but yes, you did everything you could for him, and it's nice to know he was able to live out the remainder of his short life being cared for by somebody who actually loved him (and he showed it by loving you back!)
He's gone over the Rainbow Bridge now, and he'll be forever grateful you took a turn down that street one day and found him in his darkest hour.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
I'm so sad to hear that, sally. Thank you , for caring so much.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sweet, sweet sallyomally... words fail me. You know I'm always - and I mean ALWAYS - here for you. Bless your beautiful heart. Atticus left this world the most loved kitty he could have been, thanks to you. You are living proof that out of darkness comes light.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i'm so sorry for your loss. he was a great little cat with such a strong spirit. most of all, i'm happy that he had such a wonderful last few weeks with you

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Amy pretty much said it better than I could.

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
I am so very, very sad to hear that. You gave him so much love. Cats and dogs live in the present, so for Atticus, his life was your love for him and his for you.

Atticus will live in my memory for the rest of my life, with all the dear ones I have known and lost.

Please know that you made all the difference in his life.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
oh no, i'm sorry.
poor little guy

but the short time he was with you he was no doubt happier than he was out there alone, and that's something to be grateful for

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Heaven has a new angle. I'm glad you were able to show him love and give him a comfortable life before he passed on.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I'm so sorry, Sally. Like the others have said, I'm so glad that he had the opportunity to be loved and cared for at least at the end.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I never posted on any of his threads but I read every post about Atticus
Good for you for rescuing him and showing him what it meant to be loved for the last stretch of his life

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Poor baby. I was rooting for that little boy. But he couldn't have been in better hands. You made the biggest difference in his life. ♥

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you so much,everyone. He tried so hard to live. My heart hurts something awful, but I'm humbled and grateful to have been chosen as the one who was able to save him from dying on the streets. We grieve for the millions of Atticuses in the world, and this experience has made me want to do more for them.
Thanks again for everything-it means a lot.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Because of you, he left this world knowing what love is.
I agree so much. I'm so sorry for your loss. You did all you could and I know that he appreciated it. You're in my thoughts.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So sorry for your loss....

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I'm so sorry, Sally.

Last night, I did that 10pm (Eastern Time) candle ceremony mentioned in this link Syzygy included:

www.petloss.com

I specifically included Atticus in the part where you say a benediction for sick companion animals of friends. But I guess he was gone by then...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts