Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

... no... That's not really how Washington works...
considering they mentioned a previous ribbon seal that people put in a tank and it died... so yeah. they probably would. people are friggin' stupid.

granted, this is probably sarcasm on your part, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to recognize it, so. yeah.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did read it was found in california, I didn't see it say when. but it still wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in a tank. he's cute, I can totally see people thinking 'oh, we can draw in a lot of money at the aquarium. let's catch him.'

regardless of whether that would actually happen or not, I do maintain that I hope he's already left and rejoined his little group of seals.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

considering they mentioned a previous ribbon seal that people put in a tank and it died... so yeah. they probably would. people are friggin' stupid.

granted, this is probably sarcasm on your part, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to recognize it, so. yeah.
No, It wasn't. The Orca Network is looking for information on the seal to make sure it's safe, and they are an amazing protective organization. They would not it in an aquarium.

And again, that's not really how things work in Washington in recent years, at all.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
then good, if recent Washington is different. my opinion still stands, though. I don't think highly of people as a whole.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Bonneau View Post

then good, if recent Washington is different. my opinion still stands, though. I don't think highly of people as a whole.
That's very sad for you, because a lot of people do wonderful things.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, they do, and it's lovely when they do. especially if it makes the news.

but taken as a whole, I think people are very selfish and self centered.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I saw the picture a few days ago, squee-ed, then left the image up on the computer so every time I'd walk by I could see it. Sooooooooooooooo cute!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts