VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was a member in the early noughties when I was looking after my housebound Mum and terminally ill Dad and could not get out very much. They both died in 2003 and I stopped being online for five years. Been back online now for three years but have been playing a lot of table-tennis and most of my online time has been spent communicating with family and friends plus futile dating sites.

I am 64, been retired for a long time (whistleblower) and consequently had to live very simply and frugally until my partial works pension allowed me ease the purse strings four years ago. I have been a vegetarian since 1987 and was virtually vegan from 1995 to 2004. A small amount of cheese creeps into my diet nowadays via veggie pizzas and quiches.

For health/energy/recession reasons I have cut back my table-tennis drastically and am now finding myself somewhat isolated. Although I was obliged to live simply from 1987 it is an inbuilt element of my psyche.

I live in North Somerset. UK Near to the City of Bristol which I avoid.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, I'm a new member here, (though not new to vegetarianism) but I'm glad someone like you decided to spend some time here. The vegetarian cause sure would benefit from someone who clearly has a lot of compassion as well as determination to address wrongs!

Welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.