VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try to retain my youthful appearances for as long as possible. I figure it's better to maintain it while I still got it, instead of trying to recover it after it's been lost. I suppose this also applies to health in general.

I already know to: (no specific order)
1. Avoid refined sugar
2. Consume raw fruits & veggies as primary diet
3. Exercise

Amendments:
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Relax
6. Avoid sunlight

Does anyone know what else can be done that'd make a significant impact on retaining youthfulness/health? I prefer info from/sources to actual doctors, that yield actual results. ie: please don't post some marketing scheme (or etc) unless it's actually legit

Thanks

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My advice? Take a feel breath and realize outward appearances aren't everything.

·
Registered
585 Posts
^----LMAO

I have no tips to offer. I feel like I do it pretty right (ie water, sleep, exercise, sunscreen), but today I noticed that I'm starting to get fine lines under my eyes. Oh well. I guess I'll go ahead and be OK with looking my age. :-D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone
I know appearances aren't everything. But still, I wanna keep it while I still got it
If you get a nice new sports car, wouldn't you wanna keep the paint job looking good for as long as possible? OK I ain't no 'sports car' lol but that's kinda the idea I'm getting at. Except with a car you can just re-paint it. That's a little harder for us humans lol

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I definitely agree with staying hydrated. I remember having a crush on a teacher in jr. high...He drank at least 1L of water every class hour. Turned out he was 50. But he looked real good

·
Banned
437 Posts
Don't smoke...don't lie around in tanning beds...wear sunscreen...eat fruits and vegetables...drink water...be happy.

That's my system. I'm still in my twenties, so I'll let you in a few decades how it's worked
If anything, at least I'll feel well and be at peace.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Eat more raw foods. Look up Mimi Kirk, she's 73 and looks 50.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

best advice ever.

Id say also to look at your parents. If they look awful for no particular reason, well youre a bit screwed.
I laughed but sadly genetics does play a little role although I personally think it's only miniscule.

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
the problem is in determining 'no particular reason'
these days people can get 40% of their calories from fat despite eating only "low fat" foods and a great many parents are secretly addicted to pharmaceutical drugs, etc.

Thanks for mentioning Mimi Kirk, thats wild

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.