VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was weightlifting and doing light stretches to keep fit. However this year I did do anything starting from January 1st until now. I really want to start back exercising, but I want to try yoga instead of weightlifting. Also, since transferring to a university from community college, my diet is slowly dissolving into junk food and the occasional piece of fruit or salad.

How can I jump back into the swing of things? How can I slowly introduce my healthy foods back into my diet? Does anyone know of a good yoga studio in the Austin, TX area or a great online program?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hello! I'm not sure if this will help you but this yoga channel on youtube has a lot for beginners or people getting back into yoga:

I would do very easy slow yoga routines until you can go into the harder routines. Maybe get some beginner yoga DVDs before starting the class?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
There are so many different kinds of yoga so please try many different styles with different teachers to try to find the right fit for you.
I take a hot vinyassa class at my nearby Lifetime Fitness. They have a nice big yoga studio and the class is just perfect for me. The moves are fairly quick and the music is fun. I like the heat too because it helps me relax and stretch. They do hot yogo a little cooler than Bikram. There's a Lifetime in Austin. I don't know if it has a yoga studio or if a membership is in your budget but you might want to go take a look and see. If you join, list me as the person who recommended you!
https://www.lifetimefitness.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts