VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to vegweb and found 6 million pasta/macaroni salads and rather than look through them all I'll describe what I'm looking for. All the salads I looked through called for Italian dressing, but I'm looking for a vegan version of the stuff you eat at family BBQs, you know, the creamy stuff you can get at the deli counter? I've also have a pasta salad with shells, cheese, and (I think) a vinegar type dressing? I really know nothing about pasta salad, come to think of it... maybe that is Italian dressing? *puzzled*

Any info is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
The "creamy" kind is made with mayonaise. Buy a jar of veganaise and experiment. Most simply: Toss cooked macaroni with veganaise and some celery, and other little bitty spices/vegetables. A dab of mustard, maybe..

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I do what charity said (toss pasta w/ veggie mayo & celery) and add some chopped roma tomatoes, onions, and a little bit of apple cider vinegar. It comes out pretty tasty.
I don't have any measurements for it -- sorry.

Mskedi

·
Registered
504 Posts
I made it once with tri-colored rotini, veganaise, finely chopped onions & red peppers (I prefer them to green peppers because they're sweeter), salt, pepper, dill weed, and garlic powder. It was really good. These same things would go just as well in a potato salad, too, but I would also add some mustard to that. My father used to work at a deli and he said pasta salads are better with some sour cream added in, too. I didn't have any Tofutti sour cream at the time so I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Veganaise and a good yellow mustard make a fabulous dressing for macaroni and/or potato salad! Start with the Veganaise and add the mustard a bit at a time until it's a flavor you like. I love yellow mustard and prefer my dressing strong, so I put lots in!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.