VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband works part time at a really upscale place in Colorado Springs (he says it is the nicest place in the city, food-wise)~ it is new and the chef is not the most veg-friendly... (they serve foi gras...)

Anyway, we dropped in last night so he could check when he worked and so I could see the place, and we decided to stick around for an appetizer and dessert~

They don't have much (of ANYTHING) on the menu that is vegetarian friendly... but dh, as he works there, knew what we could put together that would work~ so he had them sub the shredded meat dip for a corn/avacado relish to dip with.

The server came back to let me know (I didn't think to ask...) that the chips were fried up in the same area as the chicken something or other~ They knew I am veg*n and wanted to let me know! I know that not many places would do this, and thought that was awesome! I decided it wasn't a huge deal that my chips were touching oil, (the place is brand new and they don't fry much anyway) and just went with it for the 10-ish chips I had, lol.

I had to go with the apple/almond puff pastry thing for dessert since everything else had dairy... but it was nice!

I was just impressed that they thought about it, and came to tell me about the oil. I know that woud REALLY bother a lot of people... I am careful about those things at home, and almost never eat out, so it wasn't a huge issue for me to consent to something that was such a small part of my intake.

Anyway.
Nice chef... foi gras serving, but vegan-thoughtful? Whodathunkit?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
was the server veg*n? that was nice that he thought to tell you about the oil. I wonder though if you hadn't been someone known to them ( hubby working there) would they have been so helpful and willing to make veg*n substitutions?

it sounds nice though.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if they would have been *SO* nice about it if we weren't "known"~ the server wasn't vegan, but when my husband said I was, he didn't have to ask what that meant.

And I'm sure if we were in there and asking about veg*n options for other course items (appetiser, salad, soup, entree', dessert style place), they would have been willing to work with me. We didn't push it last night, though. (I didn't want to be a pain my first time in there, and we didn't want to spend $100 on dinner either, LOL)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.