VeggieBoards banner

How regular are Aunt Flo's visits?

• She comes 'round about the same time each month.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She just shows up without warning.

• stays for 1-2 days

• stays for 3-4 days

• stays for 5-6 days

• stays for 7 days or more

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm having this discussion elsewhere about how many women actually have "regular" periods. That is, it comes within a day of when you expect, and lasts about the same length each time. I'm a bit curious too, as I'm just getting ready to experience "real" periods again after some time on the pill. When I was hunting a couple of months ago re: bc stuff, I found info saying that the average period length was anywhere from "2-7 days", "3-5 days" to "4-10 days". 10 days? God no.

So far, so good here.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
When I went off the pill it was about an extra week before I got my next period, but since then it's been very regular and lasts 3-4 days.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I'd have to vote "without warning"... although it's really not totally without warning, since I get severe, sometimes debilitating cramps up to 3 weeks before which last until my menstruation begins. But, I never know when to expect a cycle. In the past year, I went all the way from from October '05 to July '06 before I had one, then I had one in early October this year, and I again just started spotting today. This is the first "light" period so far this year. Usually (as in, the 2 whole times I got it this year) the flood gates just open, and, well... you know...

But yeah. It really sucks, because I naturally go through the whole pregnancy scare thing every time I skip (although I pay it less and less attention each time), and then when it finally does decide to rear its ugly red head, it certainly compensates for all the time it's missed
So yeah, I am in a lot of pain right now and I feel like a freakin madwoman...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine are fairly regular and last around 5 days, I'm on no contraception atm. Depo Provera and Implanon screwed them up so I bled heavily for over a fortnight and needed to take drugs to make the bleeding stop, the pill made my moods worse so I'm very put off using hormone changing contraceptives now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
As I have gotten older I am very very regular (I have never been on bc).

I have always pretty regular but this is almost freaky - same day and even time of day (6-8am) every single time. Strange.

It usually lasts 2-3 days.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Not on the pill, she shows up regularly at the same time each month (every 31 days to be more accurate), sends me a small, discrete warning just before her arrival (I get hungrier, sometimes I dream of blood or bleeding), she stays four to five days, no more or less.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Comes without warning, generally sort of once a month but sometimes skips a month or so but it always lasts 6 days without fail (but only the first two days are bad).

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not currently on bc (still holding out) and pretty regular (within 3-6 days each month...that's not bad?) but lasts forEVER. Today is the 7th day and still holding strong. Has been 8-10 days in the past... :/

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not on a pill. I was never really regular, but recently for about 6 months it came on the same exact day and I knew exactly when it was. I was so happy. Now for the past 3-4 months she's been suprising me at school. -_-;;;;; No more cramps, back pain, chocolate cravings. BOOM its just there and she just linggggerrrs until she finally goes away. Reminds me of some people at my family gatherings..

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It rarely comes at the same time each month, and sometimes skips a month all together, but I always know when it's coming because I'll get cramps a week before, then they'll go away, and then I'll get my period and get cramps again. Last month I got the cramps but no period. Mine usually last about five days, but only the first (or second, depending on what time I start) is really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Mine are fairly regular, although lately I've been on a 25-26 day cycle instead of 28 days which is sort of annoying. Fortunately it only lasts about four days and then it's gone.

When I'm on the pill my period will last a full 6-7 days, which is just another reason to not take them.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I've never actually charted them, so I'm not certain, but they've never been drastically off. They used to seem to come regularly every 28-29 days, but my cycle is longer now and probably varies more (up to a few days). The period itself lasts 3-4 days.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I voted "without warning" I ended mine last week (which lasted for 10 days) and got mine again for 5 days. Mines really heavy. I often have to wear a "super" tampon and a pad as well...it lasts for about two hours then i have to change. ew.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I'm fairly regular, but even when I'm not I know when I'll start because I get cramps (with varying severity) exactly one hour before. It's convenient.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I chose '3-4' days. I couldn't decide whether I was regular or not becuase I don't keep track of my periods (I know I should). I get warning in the form of cramps though, like Mskedi, though mine are a day before.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
After having kids in my 20s, my periods got much worse in my 30s - showing up every 22-23 days, and lasting about 6 days. And I had MAJOR PMS for a full week before it started. Then when I hit 40, I finally talked to my doctor about what a pain in the butt my periods had become and she put me on the pill. Woohoo - life is sooooo much better. It shows up every 28 days - but I can adjust as needed, and it lasts 4 with no PMS. 'Tis good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.