VeggieBoards banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I so feel your pain! I'm prone to UTI's as well. I use something called AZO. You can get a three day supply of it at Walmart or maybe your local grocery store if you dislike Walmart as much as I do. lol You take two pills three times a day with a meal. It will turn your urine yellow-orange, but it works great! Just make sure you wear something in your underwear so it doesn't stain the fabric. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone.

So for the last year or so, I've had at least one urinary tract infection a month. Sometimes they're just mildly uncomfortable for a couple days and I can take a pain pill and ignore it, other times they're cripplingly painful days on end to the point I'm completely non-functional and urinating blood. When I start having symptoms, I generally start chugging obscene amounts of water/cranberry juice all day and taking OTC medication, and eventually it will subside.

I've tried going to the doctor about it three times, but there's no getting in short notice at my doctor, so there's usually a 2-3 day delay. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. But I don't know how to actually get this TREATED.

Wat do? ;__;
When I get a UTI, my go to remedy is raw garlic. Works like a charm and you feel relief within a couple hours. Not kidding you here. Raw garlic is a natural antibiotic.

What you have to do is grind it up so it's a mash or very finely chopped. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then wash it down with a huge glass of water. You don't have to chew it up, just swallow it. Some people get a queasy tummy from the strong garlic compounds but if you down a handful of soda crackers first, it helps settle your stomach.

I'll take one raw clove in the morning and then in the evening for a few days and then back off to once a day for two weeks. You won't have to bother with trying to get a doctors appointment. I've done this for years, works every time. My girlfriend has tried it for a UTI also and she had the same success. And if that fails, then go to the doctor, but I don't think you'd have to.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts