VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a few Phish songs the other day and my interest was peaked! So, if there are any Phish fans here, please recommend me some songs to listen to so I can get a taste. Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ohhh I agree, better jam bands than Phish, try the Grateful Dead on for size.....however, I have a friend that met a her hubby to be at a phish concert, the minister said "WE thank GOD for the band called PHISH" it was pretty cool.

Actually, jam bands are just cool, I've never been to any "show" where the "wiggle dance" was soooo popular.

·
Registered
0 Posts
string cheese incident, leftover salmon, galactic and soulive are all good in my opinion.

as for phish songs yem, lizards, and guyute are some of my favorites

·
Registered
0 Posts
Fiance and I officially got together at a Phish concert (we'd been dating before).

Since the haitus, I haven't really paid much attention to Phish, and haven't heard their new album, but I do like a lot of their older stuff:

Farmhouse (as much as I refuse to admit it)

Sample in a Jar

Guyute

Weekapaug Groove

You Enjoy Myself

Bouncing Round the Room (again, I won't publicly admit liking it)

Wolfman's Brother

Prep School Hippie (inside joke for me and fiance)

There are probably more that I'm forgetting, but I only listen to my Phish shows rarely now. During the hiatus I branched into other things and found I preferred them to Phish: the Grateful Dead, Phil & Friends, Gov't Mule, Derek Trucks Band, the Allman Brothers, plus a couple local jambands.

Everyone is so surprised when they find out what I listen to...apparently clean-cut young female engineers don't listen to jambands...

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by maddie

string cheese incident, leftover salmon, galactic and soulive are all good in my opinion.

i've only heard one galactic song but i absolutely loved it, i really want to hear more by them. and i enjoy soulive and sci too

Quote:
Originally posted by Grateful_Veggie

Everyone is so surprised when they find out what I listen to...apparently clean-cut young female engineers don't listen to jambands...
hey, a fellow engineer

·
Registered
0 Posts
i don't know but something a bou "ester" allways gets me, ( they tend to play it on the weather chanel occaisionaly too, weird ,huh?), but really definately get into the Dead and Widespread Panic too. and if you start going to any show s can't say as i'd totally recomend a phish show ( don't get me wrong , they put on a great show but the scene tends to be a bit shady), but dead and panic whoooooooooohoooooooooooooo'Panic in 22 days! can't wait.

oh yeah and my fiance also reccomends "guyute"

·
Registered
807 Posts
Stellamew, where are you seeing Panic? I'll be catching them in Mobile in July.
They're my favorites.

As for Phish songs, one of my favorites is "Sample in a Jar."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts