VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm sorry, I'm sure the forum gets a lot of these requests but I wasn't sure where else to turn. I would like to become vegetarian but I am allergic to:

1) tomatoes,
2) spicy-hot peppers (cayenne, jalapeños, Chili etc)
3) mushrooms
4) and I cannot have alcohol.

It seems like most of the vegetarian recipes I see use at least one of these and the ones that dont are very bland.

I would truly appreciate it if you could recommend your favorite vegetarian recipes that do not use those ingredients! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
What kind of category? Main dishes? Desserts aren't a problem!

Here are a few from my Pinterest files...

Appetizer: Healthy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Dip - Hummusapien

Tempeh: (easy to skip the chile)

Tempeh bacon https://blissfulandfit.com/2010/03/tempeh-fakin-bacon/ (if paprika is an issue skip) (this is the number one recipe people ask me for btw)

Pasta: Avocado Alfredo Pasta - ULTRA Creamy! (so many creamy pasta recipes with cashews or even tofu)

Scalloped potatoes: Vegan Scalloped Potatoes: The Best Cheesy Side Dish Recipe (skip seasonings that don't agree with you)

Omelets: Chickpea Flour Omelets with Asparagus Recipe (stuff with any veggies you like, asparagus and tomatoes not required)

My own mac-n-cheese recipe: World's Best Mac and Cheese | The Thinking Vegan

One thing I'd look into is learning to adapt recipes you're interested in, and what substitutions are possible. For example you can't substitute tomatoes in tomato sauce, but you can leave them off your tacos or salads or sandwiches. What role does the ingredient play in the dish, and can you swap it for something, or leave it out? A seasoning is easy to skip, but not if it's a functional part of the dish.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I don't care for alcohol, but I do love the other 3 foods you mentioned. However- all is not lost! You mentioned what you must avoid, but what foods do you like? Green leafy vegetables? How about bell (sweet) peppers? Herbs like fresh parsley, dill, mint, garlic, onions, etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.