VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at the Sanctuary salad from Appetite for Reduction. The dressing calls for vacume packed silken tofu but I'm pretty sure my store only carries refridgerated silken tofu. My question is can I use the refridgerated instead of the shelf stable kind? Is there much of a difference? Another question is in the recipe she says cut the tofu into 1in cubes and blanch them in boiling water for 2mins. The silken tofu I've seen is custard like so I'm confused as to how to cut it into anything and what will happen to the stuff when I put it in the water? Any help is sooo apreciated... I'm so confused lol.<br><br>
Audrey

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You can cube silken tofu -- you just have to handle it somewhat carefully. I would use refrigerated silken tofu if you can't find vacuum packed -- the texture might be slightly different, but I doubt it'll make a big difference. If the tofu isn't silken, though, the results probably won't be as smooth and creamy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, yeah, cubing and boiling that kind of tofu is going to be almost impossible.<br><br>
If it's a dressing, you should be able to skip all of that and just dump it straight in the food processor.<br><br>
Can you explain the next steps for the dressing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts