VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rules for the recipe club:

Post the name of a recipe you'd like people to try and a short description of it and why you like it. This will begin on the first of the month, and end once we have 10 submissions or we've reached the end of the month. Once we're ready for that...anybody can vote on which one they'd like to try (obviously don't vote for your own 'cause that would just be silly). Everybody who wants to make it has one month to make it and a new thread will begin for reviews of the recipe by anyone and everyone who made it.

I'd like to put in my first submission, and it would be:

Vegan Nachos

Nachos have always been my favorite food and I have worked long and hard on perfecting the perfect Vegan Nachos....so this is what I've come up with.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I second vegan nachos and vegan cheesecake.

Oh, could I ever go for a vegan cheesecake.

I could eat the entire thing in one sitting.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
One of my recent favorites is enchilada casserole, easy to make, yummy.... I make it in the crock pot, and it is so amazingly easy and filling.

·
Registered
755 Posts
one of my favorite recipes: vegan muffins. Not only are they easy to make, they are healthy and extremely versatile. sure to satisfy a sweet tooth for an afternoon tea! more specifically, i'll submit an cranberry-orange muffin.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i'd like to stress that all recipes that are to be considered for voting should be vegan, to make it fair for everyone; and that only the first 10 submissions for voting will make it to the poll! thanks!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i'm going to submit vegan paella! this is a rich spanish rice-based dish, chock full of savory tofu, olives, mushrooms and veggies. it is fairly quick to make, and tastes divine!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Why should the recipes be vegan, cant the vegan's in this group make such substitutions as needed?

I know I make substitutions with my "omni" regular diet cookbooks.

Just curious why there has to be such a stipulation, not everyone in here is Vegan.

I dont want to miss out on great Vegetarian recipes.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
not all omnivorous/ovo/lacto veg recipes are easily converted to vegan. all people can easily make and eat vegan recipes.

not all vegans can easily make and eat non-vegan recipes. for example, an lacto-veg could post an amazing recipe for baked camembert wrapped in phyllo dough and it comes out the winner...but only the lacto-veg's who participate here at vb will be able to make and enjoy it. no vegans.

perhaps a solution to this problem is to have two different recipe clubs each month: one that is completely vegan and one that includes recipes that use eggs and/or dairy.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Hey Kreeli, I miss talking to you online.

Muzicfan, for the sake of universal inclusion it only makes sense for these recipes to be vegan. Besides, I can only assume that as a vegetarian you have at least one meal a month that is vegan? If not, then perhaps this is a good time to start.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind too much if they're vegetarian......but only if they can be veganized...that way we can include everyone. Just PM me so I can see if I can veganize it. Or, maybe you can start a Vegetarian Recipe Club....that would be cool! (and perhaps a bit less confusing).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
How about Paad Thai? There are so many different recipes for it and every time I make it I seem to use a different one.

I'd love to test some of the vegan cheesecake recipes, too.

<edited because I forgot to describe the dish>

Paad-thai is a (usually spicy) rice noodle dish with bean sprouts and tofu, as well as various other vegetables depending on the recipe. The sauce is peanutty and tangy (usually lime juice, but sometimes rice vinegar).

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I don't think the recipes have to be original ... just something fun that we all might enjoy.

Well, I made my first chili last night, and the omnis liked it a lot -- even said it was good enough to submit in our friends' annual chili cook-off. Problem is I did it off the top of my head, so no measurements. Maybe I'll work on it some more and submit it for next month.... but if an extra is needed then you can include my new Three Bean Chili with Several Secret Ingredients. (I'll tell you guys, but not my friends -- not before the cook-off.
)

If anyone out there is considering submitting a curry recipe, bring it on!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah...they don't have to be original...just yummy

I forgot to mention that these submissions will be for the month of August since we're nearing the end of July...so I guess we'll have a couple extra weeks to make whatever recipe is chosen....but just this one time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have a recipe to offer, but I'll definitely take part in the rest! So far, everything sounds yummy!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts