VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
i saw the movie the cube 2 it was really good. About how these people wake up to find themselves in another dimension. A trap where each room is a square shape and most rooms have some kind of dangerous trap in them. It is a good movie.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I forced myself to read "Dreamcatcher", as I used to love Stephen King. However, I haven't read anything by him that I like in the last 10 years, maybe I've outgrown him.

I then went to the movie, and thought it was a bit better than I expected. (My expectations were real low, based on reviews and my experience reading the book).

About Schmidt was a good movie. Adaptation was interesting. Bringing down the house was as to be expected, entertaining. I left "Hunted" before it was over. :/ I got a little antsy in the "Hours". "Chicago was probably the best recent movie I've seen.

I usually go to 2 movies a week, but lately it hasn't seemed like there's been any good movies out. I'll probably see "Phone Booth", if I can convince my husband. "The Core" we'll probably wait to rent that, for someone he refuses to see that one.

Can't wait for the next month of movies... I think there's a few good ones coming up!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I just saw The Core on Friday and it totally blew me away.

It was not my first choice (my pal got to decide this week), but I was so glad I was wrong.

That movie was INTENSE.

I was afraid that it would just be another cheesy Armageddon. It totally wasn't. It was a million times better.

I heartily recommend it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went to see "Core" recently, I thought it was really good.

There was one scene where this scientist really needed to be punched in the face and another guy punches him in the face.

Everyone in the theater aplauded and cheered. That was funny.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I saw Spirited Away at the dollar theatre and it was really good. One of the best animated films I've seen. It comes out on DVD today so I'll probably rent it.

PS: The Hours was an awesome movie. Chicago was great, but I'm still upset that The Hours didn't win best picture. It was a ton better than the book.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
thanks for all the reviews. Now I know what else I'll go see. I'm in a mood for a good comedy so Anger Management might be in order for next week. Nicholson is great-no wonder he has 3 academy awards!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I watched Anger Management... loved Jack Nicholson... didn't care for Adam Sandler (again disappointed in him). I rented Swim Fan... uh... this was just a repeat of the ol' Poison Ivy movies... and then I rented Pumpkin.. ok.. this is an awful and disturbing movie with Christina Ricci... don't bother renting it... it's awful...

Lora Lee

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Went to see Bulletproof Monk with my husband. He wasn't very happy by the end of the movie. It was really bad. I guess they were trying for the same formula as Shanghai Noon, but it just didn't work.

·
Banned
559 Posts
ok yeah, so it's not so recent anymore...but so?

Road to Perdition - just saw it the other day.

amazing cinematography (i cant spell tonight, bear with me). but pretty dark for my liking.

watched Spirit today with my neice and nephew. loved it

21 - 40 of 40 Posts