VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any recent movies lately?

I saw:

Bringing Down the House-I will rate it B and sort of funny.

About Schmidt-I will rate it A-some humor, Jack is great.

Life of David Gale-I will rate it A+a good thriller, IMHO.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Have you seen the original Japanese version of The Ring, BWJ??

I haven't been to the movies for a long time. The last film I saw was probably Daredevil. Which was pants.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw Chicago last Tuesday. Wow, was that good. It deserves the ratings and oscars it/they got! It's imaginative, too, I like those kind. I like Rene Zelwegger a lot, I think her acting is great. She didn't win the academy award but KZ Jones did. She was good, too. Richard Gere was excellent also.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I saw 8 Femmes (aka 8 Women) on Saturday. It's a foreign film, also out on video. Would definitely recommend it if you don't mind reading subtitles. It's funny and sad, always switching between the two at just the right moments. The acting is great, the story is great, and the ending is incredible.

·
Banned
559 Posts
against my will, i saw dreamcatcher and thought it would be creepy as hell and disturb me forever..but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so bad.

i laughed the whole time.

so, so bad.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We took my step-daughter to see Piglet's Movie on Saturday. It was really cute. But I'm totally into Pooh so maybe I'm biased. I'd recommend it if you have little ones. The kids in the theater seemed to really enjoy it and were cheering and stuff at certain parts. Plus, it's only an hour and 15 minutes long so it's not so long as to loose their attention.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, The Ring is cool!

The last movie I saw was The Hours. Overall, I hated it, though I liked parts of it, and the acting was well done. The book is better - I liked the book. I normally like depressing movies, but this one didn't sit well with me for some reason. I felt "off" for days.

Anyway, I love each actress in The Hours, so it's nothing against them. Maybe I was just not in the right frame of mind to see it when I did. I sort of want to see it again, to see if I'll feel differently, but I'm waiting for the DVD to do that (or else the dollar theater). I paid $8 to see it (actually $16, as my boyfriend was with me), and I was mad about that since I hated it (and so did he).

I still have not seen Chicago, and I am upset about that. My boyfriend took his mother to see it, so..........I am going to have to go myself now or else make him see it again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm crazy about movies so I'm so glad to "hear" the reviews. Someone else told me to avoid Hours because it's too much of a downer. Yet, my morbid curiosity is bothering me to see it!

All the foreign films show at a far away theater so I never get to see them, seem they have exculsive rights or somthing.

I'm going to see The Hunted next, I think.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Has anyone seen "Adaptation"? I know, it was made last year, but I'd really like to get some people's feedback. The local libraries and video rental don't have it, so I may broaden my search if it's really any good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I watched The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood last night.. and... downers with the thumbs... I didn't like it... however, some of the antics of the old women in it were funny.... I got the gist of the movie but didn't care for it... any other input?

Lora Lee

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw in this order the last few movies:

Dreamcatcher - Interesting and different. Was okay for wasting some time.

The Core - excellent I thought. Quite well done and worth the money. Very interesting theme...

A man apart - I personally thought it was good and well done. Some people didn't like it, but I thought it was great

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Dreamcatcher really made me mad. The book was so much better (of course, I really like Stephen King
), they managed to mutilate a movie again. Oh well, it happens all the time. *shrugs*

I want to see Anger Management or The Hunted, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm so glad I saw Dream Catcher before reading the book...because I'm sure I would have been disappointed as well. My husband and I had the greatest time laughing unitl we couldn't breathe anymore. But the movie made me want to read the book because I could see that there was a brilliant Stephen King story hidden in there somewhere. LOL. Yeah, the movie was really bad and cheesy.....and I liked it.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
the last three movies that i saw in the theatre were adaptation, about schmidt, and 25th hour (or was it 24th hour? i always forget heh). i hated all three of them. i mean, i'm not much of a movie person but that has to be the worst three string of three straight movies that i've ever seen.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.