• Other (Post, please?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfurrymonster View Post

I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones here who isn't vegan for animals? Don't hurt me......
I'm not gonna hurt you but if you're not vegan for animals, could you expound on your reasons for

-avoiding leather, wool and silk

-not eating honey or any other animal products

-avoiding animal-tested cosmetics and cosmetics with animal ingredients

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
I'm not gonna hurt you but if you're not vegan for animals, could you expound on your reasons for

I used to be vegetarian for animal rights reasons and I included with that not using fur, etc. and avoiding animal-tested products. So I'm just used to it.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redfurrymonster

I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones here who isn't vegan for animals? Don't hurt me......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Toooooo late, already judged and deemed unworthy.

Sevenseas has spoken.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Joe View Post

Quote:

Sevenseas has spoken.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Joe View Post

Quote:

Sevenseas has spoken.

I was just interested in hearing how the categorical rejection of animal products can be based on something else than animal rights. Redfurrymonster's explanation of habit seems somewhat odd to me (although I avoid some things out of habit too) but it does make sense and by no means makes his/her commitment "unworthy". Being a vegan is one of the greatest ways to move society towards animal rights, whether you are vegan for AR reasons or not.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Animals, animals, animals...for the love of...

After I switched to a vegan lifestyle, it was then I started learning all the health and environmental benefits of it. My love and respect for animals was what brought me here, though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also need some advice... Recently, I've been thinking about giving up veg*nism. I'm just a bit scared. I'm not sure what to expect... I mean, I haven't been without meat so long and I've learned to be disgusted by it. It doesn't appeal to me at all. And I'm scared of getting sick... meat just sound so.. so foreign to me. What should I do?!

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Quote:

I also need some advice... Recently, I've been thinking about giving up veg*nism. I'm just a bit scared. I'm not sure what to expect... I mean, I haven't been without meat so long and I've learned to be disgusted by it. It doesn't appeal to me at all. And I'm scared of getting sick... meat just sound so.. so foreign to me. What should I do?!
Why do you want to give it up?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Why would you want to give up veg*nism when meat doesn't appeal to you anymore? The usual reason people give up is because they miss meat and crave it. Seems strange to go back to eating something you are disgusted by.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Quote:

What should I do?!
Ask yourself:

Is veganism a bad idea?

Is it good for me?

Is it good for the planet?

Is there a better lifestlyle?

I personally came to Veganism for no other reason, than to effect the outcome of a colesterol test. I have never turned back and I see no reason why I should.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 34 Posts