VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Consumers in the market for faux fur are warned to be extra vigilant this holiday season after an HSUS investigation revealed that Burlington Coat Factory, with stores nationwide, is currently advertising a "faux fur trim" jacket that is, in fact, trimmed with real fur from animals raised and killed in China.
http://www.hsus.org/furfree/news/faux_fur_for_sale.html

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Their reasoning being?

1. The quality of the fur is so poor they don't think they can sell it labeled genuine.

or

2. Customers are now more inclined to by faux fur than real fur.

If it's 2, that's a recognition the anti-fur people are getting somewhere. Cause for celebration IMO.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That's terrible! Now I'm glad I avoid fake fur. I'm not against it, i just always thought it was tacky and somewhat sketchy.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The little puppy at the end... crying

At least the lables speak for themselves... though who knows what animal they really came from~ *sigh*

Anything for a buck, eh?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
"Down Jackets With Faux Fur Trim"

Down Jackets...

Down Jackets...

Down Jackets...

WTF does it matter if the trim is real fur or not? The whole jacket is stuffed with the taint of death.

ZZOMZ lyke aye wint tu boy dem jocket tinkin et wuz dem fayk for cuz i dun lyk ty kell animols four dem fure an day lyde!!!! O! dem downe es knot animol praduct! loloL!!L!OL!O!L!

"Fur is bad, but leather and down is ohhhkaay!"

The inconsistency of it all is so stupid

·
Registered
373 Posts
update

http://www.hsus.org/furfree/news/bur...s_fur_ads.html

Quote:
In the wake of an undercover investigation announced Dec. 11 revealing that Burlington Coat Factory was selling real fur advertised as fake, Burlington has agreed to pull the offending advertisements from its stores nationwide and offered refunds to any consumers who may have inadvertently purchased the real fur garments. Burlington has also agreed to enter into discussions with The Humane Society of the United States about the company's policy on real fur. ...
Now if we could only get them to stop using down...

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing at a time. The omni mainstream doesn't consider byproducts of the meat industry to be nearly as controversial as fur.

We used to have a Furlington Cruel Factory where I live, and the sheer volume of cheap real animal fur was staggering. I still remember having to talk my mother's "animal loving" friend out of buying a down-stuffed parka trimmed with fox fur. She did end up buying a down coat without fur trim, but at least it lessened the suffering by one species.

On another note, isn't Baby Phat a subsidary of Phat Farm, the brand owned by supposed vegan and frequent PETA interviewee Russell Simmons?! What the h***--"I don't eat animals, I just rip their skins off and use them to decorate my clothing"?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts