VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
during my first month or so of being a vegan, i have been reading the idiot's guide to vegan living

lately i've been reading only a little of it and then not picking it up for a few days

but i find that on the days i do read it, it is much easier to make better dietary choices...so i really should read it more often

it's just easier for me to eat vegan when i know and am reminded of how good it is for me and the animals and the environment

so, just as a suggestion to any new veg*n who is having trouble staying on track, i think you should certainly try to find a great book about it and try to read just a little bit of it every day (or a lot, if you like)

i would certainly recommend the idiot's guide to vegan living...it is split into small sections that only take a few minutes each to read

it has kept me on track quite well

other than that book, i'm not sure what others to check out...i'm positive there is a thread about good veg*n books somewhere around here

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes I agree Jeannette649.......

Reading is VERY important....

I have also been reading idiots guide to vegan and I think its FANTASTIC...

I have just bought Vegan Freak.. Cant wait to start that...

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
"Living Among Meat Eaters" by Carol Adams.

It's a unique and needed book advising veg*ns on how to gracefully navigate tricky situations in an omni world.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Wow it's been forever since I read that ^ book. I should pick it up again cause as I remember it was pretty helpful when I first went vegan. Thank for the reminder

And yes, The Jungle is very good. It converted on of my instructors after we were having a veg discussion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts