VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here.

In my quest to use animal-friendly products, I'm looking for a razor to shave with.

I used to use Gillette and it's great, but since it belongs to P&G, I'm looking for one made from an animal-friendly company.

I'm currently using wet shave, but could switch to dry...

If possible, I'd like a 'mainstream' one that I can get anywhere...

Thanks for any advice,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bic makes some razors, and here is their stance on animal testing:

Quote:
BIC is committed to providing consumers with the highest quality products, which comply with all applicable product safety standards. Our goal is to ensure that our products are of the highest quality through the use of non-animal testing alternatives. BIC has declared a worldwide moratorium on all animal testing. If a BIC Contract Manufacturer believes that alternative testing cannot provide sufficient assurance that a new product is safe for consumer use, they should advise BIC in writing.
If you're satisfied with that, you could use their razors. I'm not, because they may continue testing at any time.

The other mainstream razor companies test on animals, unfortunately.

I started using Preserve Razors, which are animal and earth friendly. 100% of the handle is made from recycled plastic. They were never and will never be tested on animals. I get them from Whole Foods, but you can also order them online.

Here is their shop: http://www.recycline.com/catalog/ind...065629ae9a35d2

I also found the razors on online vegan stores and drugstores. Here's one: http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/Mer...roduct_Count=4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

I've also heard of 'Wally' ones...

www . petacatalog . org/prodinfo.asp?number=PC181 (I can't post URLs yet)

Do you know if this one is better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Not sure what body parts you remove hair from, but if you could wax or sugar it would cut down a bit on plastic consumption. Waxing also lasts longer than shaving. But I dont know if Id want to wax my whole face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts