VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
!!!

i totally forgot about this....but the girl guide (canadian thing) chocolate mint cookies are vegan!!! i only know this because my cousin who is severely allergic to eggs and milk used to order crates of them from me when i was a kid. ahhh this is so exciting!! i can't wait to get them, i think they are my favourite cookies ever and i haven't had them in years.

anyway....carry on....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thin mints have milk... well, they have whey...

Serving\tSize 4 cookies (32g)

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tServings Per Container about 9

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAmount Per Serving \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories 150 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories from Fat 60 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% Daily Value* \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Fat 7g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t11 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Saturated Fat 4.5g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t23 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Trans Fat 0g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCholesterol 0mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t0 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSodium 115mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t5 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Carbohydrate 20g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t7 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Dietary Fiber 1g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t4 % \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Sugars 10g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tProtein 2g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVitamin A \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t· \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tVitamin C \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalcium \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 0 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t· \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIron \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 4 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t% \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCalories: \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,000 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,500 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Fat \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t65g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t80g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Sat Fat \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t20g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t25g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tCholesterol \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSodium \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLess than \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,400mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2,400mg \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal Carbohydrate \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t300g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t375g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Dietary Fiber \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t25g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t30g \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\tIngredients:
ENRICHED FLOUR [WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID], SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, (SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED, PALM AND/OR PALM KERNEL OILS, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS)), COCOA, CARAMEL COLOR, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, INVERT SUGAR, WHEY (MILK), LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECTITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, OIL OF PEPPERMINT.

\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\t CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY AND MILK INGREDIENTS.

\t\t\t\t\t\t

\t\t\t\t\t\tDIETARY EXCHANGE:

\t\t\t\t\t\t1 CARBOHYDRATES, 1 FAT.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
The annoying thing about Girl Scout/Guide cookies is that they are different depending on where you live. Mine are made by ABC (America's Best Cookies), but I must live on the border because if I buy them outside of my county, they're from a different company and some of them have different names (and they don't taste quite the same). You have to check with whatever company your local Girl Scouts/Guides use.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
The same reason why almost all mainstream cookies use animal ingredients of some sort. They don't have to, but they do because they are cheap and most of the people eating them do not care.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Good idea. What would you use instead of sweetened condensed milk? I'd like to make my own vegan samoas!

Hurm I might condense rice milk and add a sprinkle of agave nectar or something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
What about coconut milk, or maybe cream of coconut? Anyone think that might make a good replacement for sweetened condensed milk? I would love to give it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts