VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing 100% raw this week to try to detox from Christmas. I'm also trying to drop a couple of the pounds that I know I put on last week. I'm proud of myself, though. I only allowed myself to eat crap food last week, not for the whole month of December.

So, besides fruit, any good raw snack ideas? I do love the raw bread from LoveForce (had it with avocado for lunch). I own a dehydrator, so I can use that , too. I also always make my own raw kale chips.

Thanks, Laura

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that sounds good. I just spiralized a zucchini. I'm letting some of the water drain from it and then I'm going to toss it w/ a little evoo, nooch, and sea salt and pepper. I'm salivating.

Laura

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Sprouted seeds and beans would be a good choice, although, saying that, they can take a while to sprout and you have to change the water every day and keep them at a steady temperature, but nutritionally they are excellent.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a sprouting jar about a year ago and I haven't used it yet. I will get to it eventually, since we just moved and my life was a little up in the air last year. I love sprouts, but I won't eat store bought.

Laura

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
What about shakes, or make some raw crackers/nut butters, raw granola, or just some delicious raw fruit leathers? I love dehydrated mango!
I am just delving into the raw foods lifestyle these last few weeks, I picked up a few cookbooks and will post if anything else looks yummy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I make raw flax seed crackers, they are very easy you can watch MiMi Kirk on you tube she has a book and many recipes online, look for her. I hope you are still eating raw, I just started 3 months ago and will not be going back to cooked foods, I just feel too good. Let me know if you find mimis recipes, if not I can give them to you. good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
A quick and easy dessert is a date with a raw pecan stuffed inside it, it tastes like pecan pie, and all you need is 1 or 2. my 13 yr old son loves them, he eats 5 or more though, dates are sweet for me so I only have a couple.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Oh, so I've come up with some more!!
Dates stuffed with coconut. Celery with raw peanut butter. Sliced apples with cinnamon & nutmeg (are those spices raw?)

I made some flax crackers today, just mix flax with water, once thick add a bit of tamari and then spread on a non stick sheet to dehydrate. YUM! Really good with sprouted hummus or raw guac!

Oh I'm so excited! It's my boyfriends birthday tomorrow so I whipped up a batch of chocolate coconut macaroons in a matter of MINUTES... but letting them chill in the fridge is torture!! haha

(It is just raw shredded coconut, raw cacao, agave, coconut oil, sea salt, and vanilla. Mix, shape, cool. YUM!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I make my own sundried tomatoes and then use them with fresh rocket from the garden. dash of balsamic and olive oil,garlic mix, and a really good danish fetta just cannot resit fetta cheese and because i just love a good ciabata bread i toast it lekker (nice) and stack the toast with my salad it is devine ..........

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

You're right, it was a stating the obvious thing! haha. I guess I meant home made guacamole.
Although... my ex husband used to put CREAM in his guacamole (however that may possibly have been just to spite me).
Coworker showed me a guac recipe from the KRAFT website that had cream cheese in it. Blech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw gaia mom View Post

A quick and easy dessert is a date with a raw pecan stuffed inside it, it tastes like pecan pie, and all you need is 1 or 2. my 13 yr old son loves them, he eats 5 or more though, dates are sweet for me so I only have a couple.
Sounds really good but I'm curious about a proper recipe. It seems to bi ambiguous. :p
But I'm not ready to try it in this condition.
Please share a a whole recipe. I'll be thankful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.