VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Trader Joes sell raw nuts? I never really checked the labels, i have bought sunflower seeds, almonds, and walnuts there ( but i dont know if they were raw or roasted, i didnt look).....but am all out, and i want to start only getting raw nuts.

They are at our local Stop and Shop but they are very expensive. $9 for 9 oz of raw almonds.

i know whole foods probably does but they are farther away from me than trader joes.

so where do you get yours?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Another vote for Trader Joes! They have a few types of Raw nuts. I bought cashews, almonds, macadamia and sunflower. I wish they were organic though. Whole foods has organic raw but dang are they expensive!

The raw nuts at TJ's will say raw on the front of the package. Not all the nuts there are raw.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to Trader Joes the other day, I got raw almonds, cashews, and sunflower seeds, yippeee, and the prices are so much better than stop and shop!

worth the trip, ( its about 30 min for me to get to tj's)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I like the taste of raw nuts better. Other people prefer them because they're raw foodists. The roasted nuts just have a more "roasted" flavor which some people like better. Whether you use raw or roasted in a recipe probably depends on what the recipe calls for or on which you prefer.

·
Registered
23,659 Posts
the only times i've seen truly raw cashews has been at online sources. the ones in the store aren't really 'raw', usually.

and i can't, for the life of me, find raw macadamia nuts at stores at all. they are usually roasted/salted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.