VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just want to share one of my favorite desserts, Frosty Berry Squares. I know you'll surely love this too!

Frosty Berry Squares

Attachment 16661

Crust:
¾ cup raw almonds
12-15 dates
¼ - ½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

Strawberry Filling:
1 cup cashews, soaked
1 basket strawberries (approx. 20)
2 Tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
2+ Tbsp raw agave nectar
⅛ tsp nutmeg

• In advance, soak cashew for 2-4 hours. Drain, rinse well, and pat dry before using.
  • Prepare crust first. Place almonds in a food processor with it's S blade and grind into a four. Coarsely chop pitted dates and add to the flour. Add cinnamon and salt and process together until the mixture starts to form a dough-like consistency. Transfer crust mixture into 4 individual ramekins or a small square (4×4) pan. Double batches will fill an 8×8 pan. Press dough to evenly cover the bottom. Set aside.
  • Wipe out or wash the processor before adding soaked cashews; process cashews until smooth. Remove stems from the strawberries (reserve a few for garnish or strawberry sauce) and add. Add remaining ingredients then process together until smooth. Pour filling onto the crust and spread evenly with a spatula. Place in the freezer to firm for several hours.
  • If garnishing with strawberry sauce, just prior to serving purée a few strawberries together with a drizzle of agave. Or, top with fresh sliced berries.
  • Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving-or less if you're blessed with beautiful, warm weather. Cut into squares or serve in ramekins, garnish, and serve.

Enjoy.
Thanks a lot! Hope you'll try it and post some reviews.
LL

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Mmm, that looks so good I can't believe I missed this recipe before. I love raw desserts but a lot of them have such long and complicated lists of ingredients, it's nice that this one looks fairly simple as well as delicious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts