VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcarter View Post

I don't believe in absolutes. I see nothing wrong with being "veganish" and posting on vegan discussion groups and I see nothing wrong in mentioning cooked food as part of a mostly raw food discussion group.

The high priests of Veganism should get off their high horse. I think freedom of speech should reign, not orthodoxy.
But see, I think there's a difference between posting "Hi. I'd like to become a vegan and know more about vegan food." in a vegan subforum, and posting "Hi. I would like to become a vegan. Here's a recipe for something that only has a little bit of egg in it." Same concept with raw vs. cooked foods in a raw forum.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Why would you (or anyone) be expected or asked to leave simply due to percentage of raw eating? As long as you're supportive of raw eating and discussing raw eating, actual percentage shouldn't determine "right" to post here (again, using the vegan forum as an example, where many people who are NOT vegan post as long as it's pro or related to information about veganism).
Another agree for Ahisma.

Also, veggilnv, you should certainly feel welcome in the vegan forum. It's not just about food, ya know, and it's not just about fattening or unhealthy food. Unless, of course, you started posting egg/milk/honey/whatever recipes, which is exactly the same thing that applies here.

I don't think anyone is trying to say you have to be 100% raw vegan to post in the raw forum. Just that your discussion should pertain to raw food and not cooked food, unless it was a question concerning cooked food in a raw diet or whatever else may come up (I know very little about raw diets/nutrition, so this isn't exactly my area of expertise, but the point is the logic behind it, not the content itself).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts