VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
If it's the RAW forum, it should be RAW, just like the Vegan forum is VEGAN, not "Veganish".

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

I think there's a difference between a poster saying "I eat 80% raw and 20% cooked foods" (which seems like an acceptable statement in ANY section of the forum as long as it doesn't discuss eating meat), and then, in the raw support forum specifically, a follow-up or unsolicited post telling them how to cook foods or suggestions on which foods to eat cooked, etc. Seems the second description wouldn't be supportive of the raw diet, but of course would be acceptable via PM or any other section of Veggieboards.
Just as it's inappropriate for vegans to post unsolicited anti egg, dairy and honey advice in the vegetarian area. Same principle applies here.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

But see, I think there's a difference between posting "Hi. I'd like to become a vegan and know more about vegan food." in a vegan subforum, and posting "Hi. I would like to become a vegan. Here's a recipe for something that only has a little bit of egg in it." Same concept with raw vs. cooked foods in a raw forum.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

I ate a RAW brownie last night at a vegan restaurant, and felt like I had just seen heaven. I would like to know more about it- my curiosity is sparked. But I don't want to feel ostracized here because I don't adopt a 100% RAW diet. Then where would I go with my questions about this stuff?
You'd come HERE of course. I don't think anyone is suggesting that one must be 100% raw to post here, just as one needn't be 100% vegan to post in the vegan forum. Raw related questions and support belong here!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggilnv View Post

I'm not here enough to care so I could easily leave if they prefer posters that are more raw than myself, since I am occasionally 30 or 40% raw for days. No hard feelings would be felt.
Why would you (or anyone) be expected or asked to leave simply due to percentage of raw eating? As long as you're supportive of raw eating and discussing raw eating, actual percentage shouldn't determine "right" to post here (again, using the vegan forum as an example, where many people who are NOT vegan post as long as it's pro or related to information about veganism).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts