241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raw Avocado Icecream!

Category: Desserts - Other

Suitable for a: vegan diet

Ingredients:

------------------------------------------------------

2 medium avocados

1 1/2 cup raw milk (almond milk or soy, rice milks)

1/2 cup dry sweetener

1/2 cup pureed tofu (raw substitute: 1/2 cup cashew cream)

1 tbsp lemon juice

(for chocolate icecream, see notes below)

Instructions:

In a blender or food processor, process all the ingredients until very smooth. Use one of the following methods:

For those lucky enough to have an icecream maker:

Chill the icecream mixture well in the fridge. Follow manufacter's directions for your icecream mixture. Scoop out and let it set in the freezer (or if you can't wait, eat it like soft serve :) )

Without an icecream maker(like poor me):

Let the icecream mixture freeze in the freezer. When it is frozen, take it out and allow it to soften at room temperature for twenty to thirty minutes. Get the mixture back in a food processor and and blend. Put it back into your container and freeze.

Additional comments:

I know this sounds weird; avocados in your icecream? But trust me, it's good. And it's a pretty, pale green color, too (

If you want to make CHOCOLATE ICECREAM, just add 1/4 cup of cocoa or carob powder to the mixture.

You can also experiment with a bunch of other flavorings, like mint and chocolate, stir in some cookie crumbles(add these after you blend the frozen mixture for a second time), vegan miniature marshmallows, vegan caramel or chocolate syrup for a swirl, etc. Have fun making your icecream, and eating it, too!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts