VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being somewhat new still to the vegetarian/vegan diet( I have been for six months now), does anyone know some vegan ways to ease gas? I know it's absolutely horrible but I must know before I kill everyone I live with and/or know.

Thanks in advance for answers.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Learn how to do it quietly? I remember when I first went veg I farted a lot, but it eventually chilled out. Still poop like 5 times a day though, but that's cool, I like that my body stays kinda cleaned out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I DO do it quietly lol which is probably worse than announcing, they seem to sneak up on people. The gas has been more recent know that I'm trying to become vegan. I was just hoping someone would have some form of natural remedy that might help cut down on that in some way.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
"Adults may also want to consider using herbs to prevent gas. You can use parsley, fennel, peppermint, anise and dandelion to reduce gas. Simply make a tea that uses these herbs. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-made tea bags that feature one or more of these herbs."
http://www.infobarrel.com/Natural_Wa...in_the_Stomach

Alllriiiiight I can be more helpful then.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You can try leaving the room and then coming back again. Or go behind a building or somewhere deserted. Take pineapple digestive enzymes. Make sure beans/legumes are well cooked. Dont eat them when they are still hard.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

You can try leaving the room and then coming back again. Or go behind a building or somewhere deserted. Take pineapple digestive enzymes. Make sure beans/legumes are well cooked. Dont eat them when they are still hard.
Or just eat pineapples, because lets face it they're tasty and go with every meal.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Get a dog, blame them on him.

Personally I don't think there is much one can do to alleviate gas production with a high fiber diet.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Drink more, especially water, avoid acid, oily and fried foods, avoid junk foods, favour organic food, especially salads, cuncumber...

Avoid also cold things like soda or ice creams

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

Drink more, especially water, avoid acid, oily and fried foods, avoid junk foods, favour organic food, especially salads, cuncumber...

Avoid also cold things like soda or ice creams
lol that *brings* gas. The closer you are to 'real food' the more your body will be able to happily digest, and that unfortunately means gas.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiGraves View Post

Lol I DO do it quietly lol which is probably worse than announcing, they seem to sneak up on people. The gas has been more recent know that I'm trying to become vegan. I was just hoping someone would have some form of natural remedy that might help cut down on that in some way.
Yeh, I've got a natural remedy, it's called going to the toilet. Hold it in till you get there and then let it out. Too easy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh my god, I have the same problem >.>; My poor boyfriend has to put up with it everyday.

I have a very varied diet, sometimes junky but mostly good stuff. I've tried drinking peppermint tea to ease it and tofu and beans make it worse >.< I loves my tofu and beans but my boyfriend doesn't. Ah well. If it means my stomach's digesting things well, I guess it's not all bad. "Gosh, you stink!" "...Yeah, but my digestive system is amazing ;D"

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Leech View Post

Oh my god, I have the same problem >.>; My poor boyfriend has to put up with it everyday.

I have a very varied diet, sometimes junky but mostly good stuff. I've tried drinking peppermint tea to ease it and tofu and beans make it worse >.< I loves my tofu and beans but my boyfriend doesn't. Ah well. If it means my stomach's digesting things well, I guess it's not all bad. "Gosh, you stink!" "...Yeah, but my digestive system is amazing ;D"
This will sound weird, but my dad's favorite thing about being vegan is how well his digestive system works lol

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i think it depends on your body. i have never hada problem with beans . potato chips i find to be quite bloatng. Different people are bloated by different things

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
are you still consuming any dairy products? That could be causing some of the problems.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The meat eaters at work always blame the bad smells on me
all because I'm vege lol. Its not me though :/

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
You got lots of good advice here.
I will add: chew your food well, don't drink carbonated beverages, don't use straws (the air in the straw ends up in your belly.) Sleep on your left side ( very mean to the person sleeping behind you
) Try cutting out one suspected food (say, soy) for a few days to rule it out as the culprit. Hope you get some relief!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Leech View Post

Lmao Glad to see I'm not the only one haha

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

are you still consuming any dairy products? That could be causing some of the problems.
A bit, I have to eat some of the products left over in the house so I don't waste foods my wife and I have bought over the last few months before I started transitioning. Once they're all gone though there won't be any more purchased. I don't eat enough of it to cause gas though I wouldn't think. I do my best to avoid it anyways because I'm lactose intolerant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts