VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make a donation to eoMeo of $1.00 or more and I will personally send you a sauce-stained copy of Soilman's recipe for Rapid Deployment Tomato-based Pasta Sauce. You can find our address on the eoMeo website.

Rapid Deployment means 7 minutes, starting with frozen pepper strips and a 28-ounce can of RedPack whole peeled tomatoes packed in puree. For all brand-name ingredients that themselves contain a number of ingredients, I list the ingredients for you, transcribe them from the label. There are 2 ingredients like that, that I can remember now, the canned tomatoes and the Tobasco pepper sauce. I measured everything last time I made it, so I can tell you how much of each ingredient to use, instead of making the recipe the way I do it, which is just put in what looks like the right amount, and taste. But if I described the recipe that way, you couldn't make it, unless you had first tasted a finished product, and knew what it was supposed to taste like, right? So I measured the ingredients. If you use the same amount, the end result should be about the same (give or take a little, for ingredients that vary in strength, for example some basil leaves may have a slightly stronger flavor than others, so you may want to to use more or less, depending on the flavor-strength). Tobasco sauce, unlike ground hot pepper, is rather uniform in strength from batch to batch. So is salt (duh).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts