VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of fun.

Got home late last night (2am). Walked over to the dumpster to throw away a banana peel and saw a white/black cat. She acted scared and started to back away so I meowed. She stopped and walked over, so I petter her and walked back towards my car, meowing some more (follow me) and she meowed back and followed.

Tried to feed her a cracker - didn't like it.

Tried to feed her a piece of bread - didn't like it.

Went in my apartment/poured a little bit of my precious Silk Nog in a dish, she didn't like it. (Picky little %$# lol)

Grabbed some tempeh that I made a few nights back and didnt like. And she ate it up, so I got the rest of it and put it in a small cardboard box and put it out in the field away from the apartments.

It was just sort of neat how she would meow back and follow me when I meowed. I don't know any deer calls so they just kick n' run when I try to get close to feed them apples n stuff.

yeah...

k bai!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow, that cat is a pickier eater than me! hahaha. Glad you made a new friend. The cat does have good taste in eating tempeh though.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Forget the cat. Why didn't you compost the banana peel?
Well, I suppose I could have tossed it into the field.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I always meow at cats, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Imitating any other animal is a bit too undignifying.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantih View Post

I always meow at cats, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Imitating any other animal is a bit too undignifying.
hmmm, i'm not sure i find it undignifying but other animals don't seem to like it as much/ get it.

like, if i meow at a cat (which i do all the time) they seem to understand i'm talking to them, and they know i'm saying something along the lines of: it's alright, come here.

if i bark at a dog: doesn't get it.

moo at a cow: doesn't get it.

neight at a horse: doesn't get it.

cats are cool like that.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catswym View Post

hmmm, i'm not sure i find it undignifying but other animals don't seem to like it as much/ get it.

like, if i meow at a cat (which i do all the time) they seem to understand i'm talking to them, and they know i'm saying something along the lines of: it's alright, come here.

if i bark at a dog: doesn't get it.

moo at a cow: doesn't get it.

neight at a horse: doesn't get it.

cats are cool like that.
Hmm, I generally just say the word, like if a horse tries to get across his issues with me I'll generally reply with "Yes, neigh." But this gets me even more weird looks

·
Registered
94 Posts
My cat and me sit there on the bed sometimes and meow at each other. My partner thinks its cool.

Or I will talk to her and she meows to me.

She is so awesome.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I meow to my kitty as well! I really thought I was the only person who did that. She meows back too, I sometimes wonder what I'm talking about. In fact she's probably getting really frustrated because I pretty much just make the same sound that she does. It must be like that repeating everything you say game that kids play.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts