VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Quote:
With an estimated 100 million sharks being killed worldwide and a third of the worlds open ocean shark species being driven to extinction by overfishing, Gordon aims to find out if the slaughter is really necessary.
Man, I could have saved those guys a hell of a lot of time. Nope, not necessary. Go vegan jackholes.

It sounds like the show had a good message, though. I didn't watch it, but I'm (obvs) against murdering millions of sharks for their fins.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, a good portion of it was Ramsay being completely shocked and appalled. Apparently while filming part of it he practically got killed by black market people in Costa Rica. I'll post a link when I get home.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Well it is nice that he was shocked and appalled. It shows that he must be a decent man, underneath all that shouting and swearing : ) .

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Well it is nice that he was shocked and appalled. It shows that he must be a decent man, underneath all that shouting and swearing : ) .
Yeh he's a real top bloke.
He's cheated on his wife, bullied and verbally abused his employees, put down vegetarians, reckons he snuck meat into the food of one vego, said a heap of condescending sexist bull to an Aussie TV host live on TV who dared to challenge him on his bull****, and now as a world-renouned chef who's run elite Mitchelin star restaurants, he's pretends he's never eaten shark-fin soup for the camera's. What a D'Head!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
**** Ramsay, but dammit, those poor sharks. It just breaks my heart that they're being slaughtered just to give some pricks fin soup.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I tried to watch it. Honest I did. Ramsey just makes me soooooo pissed.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

He's cheated on his wife, bullied and verbally abused his employees, put down vegetarians, reckons he snuck meat into the food of one vego, said a heap of condescending sexist bull to an Aussie TV host live on TV who dared to challenge him on his bull****, and now as a world-renouned chef who's run elite Mitchelin star restaurants, he's pretends he's never eaten shark-fin soup for the camera's. What a D'Head!
Well I didnt open the article so I didnt read it. But someone said that he was appalled by the shark fin thing, so I thought that perhaps he had some kindness in him.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:

I agree.

Why is he saying that he cares about sharks when he doesn't seem to care about any other animal?

What really creeps me out is that apparently he is seen as a sex symbol by some women (and men probably) in the UK.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

My impression of Ramsay is he's a decent guy, typical omni. I watch his shows pretty frequently, and his yelling (I don't consider swearing to be offensive) is when he's stomping on someone's hubris, never out of spite. The sneaking meat into a vegetarian's food I believe was done by an employee, who was reprimanded because doing so is messing with the customer's order and therefore bad customer service. He did an episode of F Word about factory farming, during which he admitted that he finally understands where vegetarians are coming from. And he did eat the soup during the show, supposedly to understand "what all the fuss was about". It was determined "bland". He also raised some pigs in his back yard, though I disagree on principle, it's still better because at least he's teaching his kids where they're food comes from.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I agree.

Why is he saying that he cares about sharks when he doesn't seem to care about any other animal?

What really creeps me out is that apparently he is seen as a sex symbol by some women (and men probably) in the UK.
Probably the same reason most omnis tend to pick which animals they care about, like cats and dogs opposed to cows and pigs.

While I don't like giving people "symbol status", personally I think he's rather attractive. I tend to like craggy older men. ^_^

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_scholar View Post

While I don't like giving people "symbol status", personally I think he's rather attractive. I tend to like craggy older men. ^_^
Hang your head in shame!! (
)

I detest him, lol. I have nothing good to say about him apart from that I saw him on the Ellen DeGeneres show and he cooked something vegan for her and cut himself with a knife.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
He does good stuff.

He does bad stuff.

At the end of the day, it might even out somehow.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

He does good stuff.

He does bad stuff.

At the end of the day, it might even out somehow.
+1

I think, like all people, he's not "good guy" or "bad guy". He's a human guy, who is every bit as complex as all of the rest of us, including both strengths and flaws, both good and bad decisions. Also, I agree that he'd be damn attractive if he took better care of his skin!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.