VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to make a dinner entree or dish for my omni parents with something like Ramen noodles. But I hear Ramen noodles are sometimes deep fried or are very unnnnnnnnnnn-healthy. What is a better alternative to something Ramen-y?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
There are ramen noodles that are steamed, not fried. They are very low in fat.

Westbrae noodles come with a flavor packet, but my health food store has plain steamed ramen noodles too.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Fresh ramen isn't fried, but traditional ramen isn't vegetarian because they are made with eggs (check the label)

Somen, Udon, and Soba noodles might be alternate choices.

Also bean thread and rice noodles are fun to fool around with.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i use rice "stick" or rice vermacelli for a lot of dishes.

i'll fry up veggies with a bit of soy sauce and lots of curry powder and other spices, boil the noodles in a seperate pot for about a minute, drain and then add to the pan once the veggies are done. mix and fry for a couple minutes.

orrrrrr you can do the veggies and then throw the uncooked noodles into the pan with a cup or so of water and put a lid on it. after a minute or so mix them around so all the noodles are moist and put the lid back on. they soften up really quick, once the noodles are all soft leave the lid off and stir until the liquid is gone.

both ways of doing it are good, the first way the noodles come out sort of dry which is kind of how i like them but you may not

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love the cheap (vegetarian) Ramen that are often on sale for 10 for a $1.00.

Yes pathetic but that's me

Yes it is off topic, so sue me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts