VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does all ramen have some kind of meat in it or are there some flavors that don't have meat in it? I heard that there are also "vegan friendly" ramen brands out there, is that true? If so, what are they called??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Oriental Top Ramen is vegan
This one.

are you sure?
I remember, a few years back, my friend (a new vegetarian at the time) made the same statement about the same product, and when I checked myself, I found some meat flavoring.
Look again, and make sure you read all the ingredients on the back. If I remember correctly, there's two lists - it's not on the first, but on the second.
Granted, they could have changed it since, but you can never be too safe.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

Walmart! Theyre like 99cents. Theyre in a red and black cup if I remember correctly.
But I hate Wal-Mart
I'll check my local grocery store for them today and if I don't find them, I'll have my bf buy them for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

This says theyre flavored with beef, but the ingredient list doesnt say anything about that.
When I did an online search, I saw that too. I always read the label to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdead-goaway View Post

are you sure?
I remember, a few years back, my friend (a new vegetarian at the time) made the same statement about the same product, and when I checked myself, I found some meat flavoring.
Look again, and make sure you read all the ingredients on the back. If I remember correctly, there's two lists - it's not on the first, but on the second.
Granted, they could have changed it since, but you can never be too safe.
Positive. The website confirms their veganness. A lot of people call all ramen noodles top ramen, so maybe the bag you read wasn't Top Ramen brand. The oriental Maruchan contains beef powder.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Positive. The website confirms their veganness. A lot of people call all ramen noodles top ramen, so maybe the bag you read wasn't Top Ramen brand. The oriental Maruchan contains beef powder.
I'll second this, I'm holding a pack in my hand right now. Definitely vegan.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I went to the store yesterday and bought 8 packets of Oriental Top Ramen, all vegan
No Shin cups, so I'll ask my bf to scope out WM for them. Got one of these instead, there was a $1 off coupon on it, so it was $3.

I LOVE noodles. I could seriously eat them alllll day.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.