VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
So, because your daughter was present he was supposed to lie about what the rabbits were for? I don't get it.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoluvr View Post

well tame there is something called discretion, you might have heard of it.
I'm not very familiar with it, no.

Quote:
We have a 6 yo and a 3 yo patting a rabbit. oohing and ahhing how cute he is,

and instead of this ass saying the rabbit will be dinner , he could have said something else, he could have handed me his pamphlet which i happened to notice after the fact.
I don't think it is fair to call him an ass. You asked, he answered. To him, what he is doing is perfectly normal, so he isn't expecting anyone else to be offended by it. Raising animals for meat is not something usually considered offensive to children. Now, if he would have said he was going to use them as sex toys, I could understand your dismay.

Quote:
but yeah, he could have said something else, especially in front of kids.

my opinion but yes, maybe you dont care if someone says something that bothers or scares your kids but i do.
I don't expect others to anticipate that otherwise reasonable behaviors will emotionally scar my children, so no.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonoluvr View Post

Tame the reason i referred to this person as an "ass" is because it was quite obvious the kids were loving the rabbit, and when he said she would be dinner he smirked. smiled and looked at them sooooooo i know he did that on purpose the way he answered me. he was trying to scare them in my opinion , he didnt because yes they already know about cows, pigs, chickens, but mommy forgot rabbits because she didnt remember or think about rabbits being food ( if you can call rabbit meat food).
Ah, so now you change the story. Not buying it.

You asked, he answered. And, uh, why wouldn't rabbit meat be food?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts