I don't have this product in my area but thought I might post it here just in case.In June, 48-year-old software salesman Matt Ernst was jogging home when his throat and skin began to itch and his face swelled up. The Quorn "chicken cutlets" he'd eaten at his girlfriend's house had taken their toll.
"The packaging did not say, 'This is a vat-grown fungus that could cause severe allergic reactions," Ernst told the Wall Street Journal. And that much is true. The meat-substitute Quorn, under fire for digestive complications it's said to have caused in numerous consumers, offers this information instead: