VeggieBoards banner

Do You Eat Quorn?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard many people say they don't eat Quorn* because of how it's made. From fungus, I think. But I'm still quite confused about why or why not one should eat Quorn.

I'd appreciate people giving me their opinions on eating or not eating Quorn.

<3

*Quorn is a meat-substitute.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I don't eat it anymore because it's not vegan (contains egg whites). But I have no problems with eating fungus. Maybe people are thinking it's not "natural," but it's not really more "unnatural" than any other meat subs. I would eat a vegan version of Quorn if it were available. It was delicious.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
I am definitely not opposed to fungi foods; bring on the mushrooms, tempeh, kombucha, nutritional yeast, and bread
(I also liked blue and stiliton cheeses and alcohol back in the day.)

I've never tried quorn and i don't eat it for ethical reasons.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quorn is good but I'm trying to stay away from eggs so I haven't had them in awhile. Like those above said.. mushrooms and tempeh are fungi so it really isn't a big issue. I would recommend Fry's. I bought the chicken strips and hotdogs and they are yummy AND vegan

·
Registered
21 Posts
i LOVE Quorn products~! So far the chick'n patties are my favorite, i make them into sandwiches, and the other day made a reallllllly yummy Quorn chicken patties Parmesan sandwich on a roll~

here are a few other ideas that i have used, my favorite is a quorn pattie on a roll with lettuce and mayo mixed with herbs~

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9091313AAUz0Xy

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I like it, but they're so expensive.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.