VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who like Quorn products, this one is for you!~ I am sure you can substitite any other vegetarian chicken products as well.
you can also use real chicken for the meat eaters out there.
I tried it using Quorn Naked cutlets and it came out so good!~

Makes 4 Servings ( i cut it down to two servings when i made it~)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Here is were you substitute and use the Quorn Cutlets)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme ( i used rosemary because we were all out of thyme)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (olive oil is a great alternative)
2 apples , unpeeled,cored and thickly sliced ( i used granny smith and they cooked very well~)
1 onion , sliced
1/2 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup apple juice (I used apple juice for this)
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Directions:

1. Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. (i sprinkled it on my cutlets after i cooked them in the oil first, its sticks better)

2. In large frypan, heat half of the oil over medium high heat; brown chicken all over.

3. Transfer to plate.

4. Add remaining oil to frypan.

5. Cook apples and onion, stirring occasionsally, until golden, about 5 minutes.

6. Add apple cider, bring to boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits from pan.

7. Return chicken to frypan.

8. Cover and cook over medium low heat, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 7 minutes. (cook your quorn cutlets until hot inside. to check, i cut one in half just to make sure it was not still cold in the center)

9. Transfer chicken to serving platter.

10. Whisk vinegar with cornstarch; whisk into frypan and cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened, about 1 minute.

11. Pour over chicken.

Credit : http://www.food.com/recipe/apple-chicken-39705

1 - 1 of 1 Posts