VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard about a product in the UK called Quinova. It is a vegan wheat free soy free meat substitute. I don't eat wheat or soy so I though that this would be good, but I don't know where to buy it in the US (if it is even available here).

Although I usually stick to whole foods and raw foods I thought that this would be nice once in a while when I am looking for that mouthy feel that I use to have when I ate Quorn products.

Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you mean Quinoa?

I don't know where specifically you can get it (I don't do my own grocery shopping), though I imagine Whole Foods or Trader Joes will have it.

I've only eaten it twice, but both times I was pleasantly content with it. It's also a fairly rich source of nutritionally complete plant protein, which is probably a big selling point for vegans.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
looks like it's made from quinoa, when you read the whole paragraph. sorta like how seitan's made from wheat. least that's the impression I got.

you could try emailing places in your state, like whole foods or whatever. maybe you'll get lucky and someplace will have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.