VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loki gave me his recipe for Apple Quinoa Pudding ... so I went to the grocery and discovered that they seem to have every grain on earth (that's good news, at least) except quinoa. Rats.

So, where does quinoa come from? What sort of ethnic store would carry it? Or would most health food stores? (We don't have one in my town.) I'm looking at a two-hour round trip to visit any "exotic" food sources. Or, is quinoa common enough that I might be able to persuade my local grocer to order it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
quinoa is grown in the andes region of s.america- mainly peru, chile and bolivia. i don't know if that helps at all, as far as finding a place near you that sells it. i know that it is available online if you were interested in ordering it that way.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
This won't do you any good, but I have a FIVE POUND bag of it in my pantry!!! hahaha. I speical ordered it from our commissary - and had to take the large size bag. It's the only way I could get it (can't WAIT to move to the states).

Health food stores should have it. They sell it online, but then you have to deal with the shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts