VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Since having my 2nd child by c-section 6 months ago I've had a bit of a dodgy tummy. I used to be a BIG 3 meals a day kinda girl but now I can't eat big meals and have to kind of graze, or eat like 6 small meal/snacks a day. (Maybe they did one of those gastric by-passes while I wasn't watching!!!)

I'm totally unused to this way of eating and am struggling for snack ideas. I am quite happy just eating raw veg and fruit, nuts and seeds but sometimes it's nice to mix it up a bit - ya know?

I'd love to hear some ideas of what you all like to snack on. Please bear in mind I live in Australia so I probably won't be able to get a lot of US/UK brand names.

Thanks so much - hope you're all having a great day!

vegmumma xxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Some of my favorite snacks:

whole wheat pita pocket with hummus and veggies/sprouts

half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

dry roasted soynuts

bean salad (prepared ahead of time- black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, fresh cilantro, chopped tomato or pico de gallo... & maybe some corn if you have it)

1/2c fiber one in yogurt or soy yogurt

chopped apples and bananas with peanut butter (yum!!)

& if you are in a pinch or on the go- I love organic (or mostly organic) granola bars... Luna bars are amazing but I am not sure if they are vegan (if you are vegan that is!)

Good luck! Hope that helped some!

·
Registered
787 Posts
yogurt (soy or dairy) with granola and/or fruit

trail mix

English muffin or pita with peanut butter and jam

apple and yogurt dip

banana with peanut butter

muffins or scones

cereal with soymilk

fruit smoothies!

raw veggies with hummus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.