VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been slowly weening myself off of dairy for the last year (the eggs went a long time ago, we do keep some in the house, but they're for the hedgehog) At this point, 4-5 days a week, I'm vegan. In the last month or so, I haven't had any problems except after a work out. I run in the evenings two to three times a week and train in martial arts two to three days a week. The problem is that sometimes the time in between my work out and dinner seems like a very, very long time and my blood sugar tends to drop really rapidly, causing some major personality changes (going from
to
in about 5 seconds). Back in my cheese eating days, this problem was solved by nibbling on a couple slices of cheddar while making dinner. Are there better alternatives than eating peanut butter directly off of the spoon? I'm not really looking for something that will fill me up (since I'm usually going to be eating in about half an hour or so), but for some suggestion of things that would tide me over until I can get a full meal.

·
Registered
496 Posts
fresh pineapple; raw almonds or macademias (if it doesn't break your bank); chocolate rice protein (by Nutribiotic) in rice milk (add stevia if you like it sweeter but don't want to zoom your insulin levels); dried figs or dates are also great quick fillers and very naturally sweet and very good for you.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
piece of fruit

vegan energy bar

some carrot and celery sticks

handful nuts

part of an avocado

some dried fruit (raisins, pineapple, papaya, figs)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.