VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the first concert you went to?

What's the first album (vinyl) you bought?

What's the first 45 you bought?

What's the first CD you bought?

What's the last 8-track you bought?

I know that a large number of people never did vinyl. Or 8-tracks.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

I know that a large number of people never did vinyl. Or 8-tracks.
I'll bite.

First album I ever bought with my own money: Freeze Frame by the J. Geils Band.

First 45: Another Brick in the Wall- Pink Floyd

First CD: Kick- Inxs

Never bought an 8 -track, though I had a copy of Alive-Kiss on 8-track for a while that was given to me. I didn't have a player, but hey.

I still have a box of vinyl. A mix of my own, and stuff that I got from my parents' collections. Some original Beatles, Hendrix, Janis, etc. with a lot of The Cure, New Order, Zappa, so on.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

Sure. More than half my friends are under 40. I even know some 27-year-olds.

Come on remilard - I think you can answer a couple of the questions!
the 8 track question no

First LP: Brothers in Arms

First 45: Superman's Song - Crash Test Dummies

First CD: Automatic for the People

First Concert: Matchbox 20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I went to a yard sale once and bought a box of Misc stuff and I think there were some records,45s and maybe an 8 track. First CD I bought Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison. First Concert....I think I saw Bruce Springsteen live( on VH1 of something:>) Never been to a live concert, But I'll go if the boss comes to my home town( or if Johnny Cash comes back from the dead)

In Memory of the late great Johnny Cash:>(

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

aside from symphony trips in elementary school, erin mckeown, i guess. i haven't been to a concert concert, not anything of great size.

n/a

n/a

yourself or someone like you - matchbox 20

n/a

·
Registered
152 Posts

Day on the Green in Oakland, CA (Scorpions, Ratt, Y & T, I forget who else)

AC/DC Highway to Hell

Not sure but think it was Rod Stewart - Do you think I'm sexy

How sad, but I cant remember!!

Disco something, think the BeeGee's

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
You guys have a better memory than I do. I really have no idea.... I do know that I never bought an 8-track, and I don't think I ever bought a 45, but I remember getting a whole grocery bag full of them from my parents.

I remember my aunt helped me join Columbia House Record Club when I was like 9 years old, and those were probably some of the first records I owned including the Motley Crue Theatre of Pain and Beastie Boys Liscense to Ill.

The first concert I went to was probably Petra, a christian rock band, in high school. I don't remember the first CD I bought, but I'm think it was probably while I was working at Family Christian Stores so some christian rock CD, maybe Petra again. I know I put off buying CDs for a long time thinking cassettes were better and there was no point in paying such high prices for CDs.

·
Heart Beet
495 Posts

i don't really go out in public often... so it was Phil Collins. and i dont remember which tour. but it would have been around 96-97.

Double Fantasy- John Lennon/Yoko Ono

i dont think i have ever purchased a 45. but i own a slew of them.

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors.

never never did.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

The Edgar Winter Group, the opening band was Bad Company. It was probably in '73 or '74.

The Beatles - Hey Jude

Superstar from Jesus Christ Superstar

David Bowie - The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust

I'm not sure, but it might have been The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Nights Of The Round Table by Rick Wakeman

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
First Concert: Aerosmith

First Vinyl: I've never bought an actual vinyl record

First 45: See above answer

First CD: I don't remember but I got my first CD player when I got married and my husband bought me Oingo Boingo's last studio album (it was called Boingo and it's still one of my all-time favorites.)

Last 8-track: I've never bought an 8-track but I remember the station wagon my parents had when I was little had an 8-track player in it.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
first concert: ozzfest '99 (i went to see the deftones)

as for vinyl and 45s, any that i have access to are ones my mom had when she was young.

no 8 tracks.

first CD i bought was, i believe, alanis morrisette's "jagged little pill"

my my how my taste in music has changed.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

I think it was Three Dog Night at the county fair. I'm not going to count it though because it was free and I had never heard of them before (I'm young and it was one of those past-their-prime, one-original-member concerts). The first real concert I went to was Daryl Worley (may be spelled wrong). I only knew one of his songs at the time, but my cousin's girlfriend was the opening act, so it was really special.

This may have been a gift, but my first CD was Hands by Jewel.

I'm not old enough to answer the other questions. We do have a working 8-track player in the garage, though. I listen to Fiddler on the Roof when I have to work in there.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey! I saw 3-Dog Night at a county fair! We were at thefair for the hell of it, the I saw the sign and dragged my girlfriend to go see the show. She wouldn't stop singing "Joy to the Wolrd" for months after.

Where'd you find the Fiddler on the Roof 8-track?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Ha, I was probably twelve when I saw them, and the adults with us embarrassed us soooo bad. They walked around the campgrounds singing "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" all night.

I don't know where the 8-track came from. It was next to the player in the garage. I think one of my parents bought it, which is weird because they're not really into musicals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.